Gresik United In Future, Good Suggestion for You


TV commercials try to convince us that buying $20 tax software is as good as or better than getting a professional accountant to file your taxes. I'm here to tell you it's not! In fact, I recommend that you get a certified public accountant (CPA) or an enrolled agent (EA) to help file your taxes.

You're probably thinking, Dave, why should I spend more money on an accountant when I could save money by buying cheap tax software? That's a fair enough question. I'll give you three good reasons:

1.
CPAs and EAs can save you more money!

Tax software has come a long way, but it's still only software. It's very limited in the options and advice it provides. Tax software can't tell you how much money you'll save by filing your taxes one way over another way. It can't tell you if you qualify for certain deductions. A professional accountant can!
2.
CPAs and EAs can help you fight the IRS!

It's a sad reality, but you can be audited. An accountant can walk into an audit meeting with you and help you defend yourself. Tax software doesn't come close to offering this type of service!
3.
CPAs and EAs give you peace of mind.

When you use a CPA or EA, you'll have the peace of mind that your taxes were done right the first time. Most people who use tax software walk away from the computer hoping they haven't done anything that will land them in prison.

If you listen to my show, you'll usually hear callers complain about their tax troubles and the IRS. Avoid their mistakes. Do everything you can now to save yourself from any future hassles. Use one of my Tax Endorsed Local Providers. Check out one person's experience with one of my ELPs:

"I was very pleased with the experience. Within 10 minutes of my arriving at his office, your ELP had called the state comptroller's office to get some critical information for me. From there he reviewed step by step everything I would need to have in place to begin my business, educated me thoroughly in self-employment taxes, and had gone through each individual category of expenses so I would be properly prepared to file my 2007 taxes. I was told the initial free consultation would be about an hour. Your ELP generously gave me two hours of his time and never made me feel rushed. I will not hesitate to use an ELP again!"